Followers

Saturday, November 20, 2010

TESTIMONIAL

Salina Wilson, Volunteer, F.H.E





My journey with F.H.E began five years ago, when I was in the 11th grade and I went for a medical camp organized by F.H.E at Chattarpur village. Ever since, there was no looking back. I have worked with F.H.E for these 5 years as a volunteer and have been an active member for the educational programme. I have attended several medical camps as well and helped wherever I could.
It was while working in the urban slums of Delhi through FHE that I decided to take up professional social work as a career and I can proudly say that I stuck to my decision which I took in the year 2005. I am presently doing my Masters in Social work from Tata Institute, Mumbai, and even while I was on a vacation, I could not resist coming back to F.H.E and volunteering for the Education project. F.H.E allows me to put my ideas into shape and implement them and I was successful in preparing a module to teach the children of Hauz Khas village. The module involved giving out handouts and worksheets to the children and asking them to work on them post the lecture that I gave them. In the 12 days that I taught them, I could see a significant improvement in them through the responses they were giving.
F.H.E holds a significant place in my life and has been very crucial in making me more responsible and able a person that I am today.